What up guys? Yeah I know ya’ll are use to me doing the 2Pac mixes but this is something different since I been getting request to do something a little different *2Pac Volume 12 still will be coming sooner or later!*
I wanted to do a mixtape of the unreleased, original & rare songs I had in my collection for many years I never leaked out. I’m a music man as you can see besides me being a Hip-Hop fiend I also love rock, alternative rock, jazz, some pop, some R&B, soul & old school R&B I was going to include some unreleased Michael Jackson songs but I thought to myself “Hmmmm this is a Hip-Hop site so that wouldn’t go well with this mixtape…”. Who knows maybe I’ll include a unreleased MJ song or two in the next mixtape I choose to make.
I went ahead and threw in some unreleased Death Row Records material since there is a lot of songs that is still unreleased. I forgot to include one from CPO Boss Hog which I liked a lot but I guess that will go on the next installment I suppose. Artists such as Kurupt, Chocolate, Snoop, Dogg Pound are some of the unreleased Death Row shit I decided to share. I made sure I included “The Hoe Hopper” which is a unreleased song from The Chronic album. Not to mention I threw in the St. Idles commercial song from Snoop Dogg from the original St Idles 1994 tape, for those who aren’t in their 20’s yet probably don’t remember the St. Idles shit but rappers use to do mad commercials for that company such as Ice Cube, Geto Boys, 2Pac, Wu Tang Clan, Mc Ehit and so forth.
Nas‘s “I Will Prevail” (It Ain’t Hard To Tell 1992 Version) to me is so fucking ill. You can tell Large Professor did that beat around the time he was completing Main Source’s Breaking Atoms album *Classic album by the way*. Nas’s “Deja Vu” is another one of my favorite unreleased songs he made. His first verse was used on Raekwon’s “Verbal Intercourse”.
I don’t know if I ever told people but Mobb Deep use to be one of my favorite duos back in the day even when 2Pac was dissing the hell out of them I still liked Mobb Deep but when it came down to it I’ll slide with Pac before I slide with the Mobb. Anyway I included some of their unreleased songs which they have a lot of shit that haven’t been leaked yet. I wish “The Bridge ’94” was in better quality!
I’m sure a lot of ya’ll remember DJ Quik‘s “Dollaz N Sense” from Murder Was The Case soundtrack and from his 3rd album but this is the true original unreleased version with 2nd II None. If you don’t know who is 2nd II None is just go ahead and look him up. RIP to Mausberg!
Jay-Z‘s “The Life I Chose” is one of my favorite songs from Jigga and he was spitting. Songs like this remind me why I liked Jay-Z in the first place. The hook kinda predicted Jaz-O and Jay-Z friendship when you listen to it and look at all the shit that happened as time went on. This song sound like a outtake from Reasonable Doubt or maybe a song he was working on during In My Lifetime Vol. 1.
Soulja Slim is one of my favorite’s also and rest in peace to the real soldier! Anyway I wanted to include the original version of “Slow Motion” without Juvenile. Also not to mention I have Soulja Slim & B.G. unreleased album Never Seen Us Coming which I had since ’04. I’m a big fan of those guys by the way especially in the 90’s and mid 2000’s. I included the song “Behind Mine” which was on the unreleased album.
Dr. Dre‘s “My Life” was made for his unreleased album which he was working on for Death Row right before he left. You can tell this had to be around 94-95 which he used the Roy Ayers’ “Everybody Loves The Sunshine” sample.
I’ll stop summarizing after this last little bit of information. I wanted to throw in some UGK in the mix since they are one of my favorite duos of all time. “Still On Da Grind” is a song that was on 2009’s UGK4Life album but this is the original version produced by Pimp C which he sampled Marvin Gaye *I would tell the song but naw*. I like the original version much better than the retail version. Not to mention I included the original unreleased version of “Play Hard” which was named something else on Sweet James Jones Story album. This version is the true original version with the 4 verses, and he talk about Master P at the end. I like this much better! This was recorded around 2000-02. I like how he sampled Project Pat on the hook
1. Jay-Z feat. Jaz-O – “The Life I Chose” [Unreleased]
2. Mobb Deep – “Take It In Blood” [Unreleased]
3. Nas – “Deja Vu” [Unreleased]
4. Chocolate – “Niggaz Iz Lyke That” [Unreleased] (feat. Snoop Dogg, Tre’ Deuce & CPO Boss)
5. Slip Capone & Kurupt – “My Misery” [Unreleased]
6. Dr. Dre – “My Life” [Unreleased]
7. Tha Dogg Pound & Snoop Dogg – “Death Row Freestyle” [Rare]
8. Tha Dogg Pound feat. Outlawz Immortalz – “Jack Move” [Unreleased]
9. Snoop Dogg feat. Nate Dogg – “St. Idles In The LBC” [Rare]
10. DJ Quik – feat. 2nd II None – “Dollaz N Sense” [Original Unreleased]
11. Dr. Dre – “The Hoe Hopper” [Unreleased]
12. Soulja Slim – “Slow Motion” [Original Unreleased]
13. Soulja Slim & B.G. – “Behind Mine” [Unreleased]
14. UGK – “Still On Da Grind” [Original Unreleased]
15. Pimp C – “Play Hard” (Master P Diss) [Original Unreleased]
16. Mobb Deep feat. Nas – “Rock Them Sleep” [Rare]
17. Nas – “I Will Prevail’ (It Ain’t Hard To Tell 1992 Version) [Unreleased]
18. Nas – “Just Another Day In The Project” [Unreleased Demo]
19. Mobb Deep feat. Big Noyd – “The Bridge 94′” [Unreleased Demo]
20. Eazy E feat. Gangsta Bitch Mentality – “House Party” [Unreleased Bad Quality]
Download: Unreleased & Original Vol. 1 [Mixtape]