Three new rap albums debuted on the charts this week and no, we didn’t review any of them (But for good reasons):
- E-40 follows his pattern of releasing multiple albums at the same time, as he released three albums on the same day with Block Brochure: Welcome To The Soil 1,2, & 3 (I’m guessing you can buy them in package as it just list all three here at #44). Why didn’t we review this album? Who the hell wants to read a 60 song track by track review? Plus, we don’t review E-40 albums on nappyafro (Read more about that here).
- Strange Music’s group ¡MAYDAY! released their third album with Take Me To Your Leader. I’m guessing the reason we didn’t review this one is because they just wasn’t on our radar (I guess not our readers’ radar either because nobody asked for us to review the album either).
- The DJ Premier & Bumpy Knuckles joint album Kolexxion came out last week also and landed at the #195 spot. Well, as much as I respect Premier, I haven’t listen to any Freddie Foxxx music since Industry Shakedown. But, hey maybe I’ll give it a spin.
It other news:
- Madonna grabbed the #1 spot this week with her 12th studio album MDNA selling 359,000. That means she now has had a #1 album in the ’80s, ’00s, & ’10s. Salute to Madge.
- Lionel Richie also returned to the charts this week with a country album called Tuskegee. I didn’t even know Lionel Richie still made albums but what do I know? He sold 199,000 copies & grabbed the #2 spot.
And now the numbers…
#22 Melanie Fiona – The MF Life (Last Week: #7) – 16,200; Total: 50,400 [2 Weeks]
#24 Drake – Take Care (Last Week: #18) – 15,900 Total: 1,652,000 (Platinum) [20 Weeks]
#25 Rihanna – Talk That Talk (Last Week: #14) – 15,400 Total: 794,800 (Gold) [19 Weeks]
#33 Tyga – Careless World: Rise Of The Last King (Last Week: #20) – 12,400; Total: 169,300 [6 Weeks]
#34 Odd Future – The OF Tape Vol. 2 (Last Week: #5) – 11,900; Total: 52,000 [2 Weeks]
#37 Diggy – Unexpected Arrival (Last Week: #13) – 21,400; Total: 32,900 [2 Weeks]
#43 Young Jeezy – Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition (Last Week: #30) – 9,900; Total: 540,000 (Gold) [16 Weeks]
#44 E-40 – Block Brochure: Welcome To The Soil 1,2, & 3 (Last Week: NA) – 9,600; Total: NA [Debut]
#56 ¡MAYDAY! – Take Me To Your Leader (Last Week: NA) – 5,400; Total: NA [Debut]
#195 DJ Premier & Bumpy Knuckles – Kolexxion (Last Week: NA) – 3,100; Total: NA [Debut]
Hip-Hop + R&B sales for the week of March 27th